The cemetery is owned and operated by Hamel Immanuel Evangelical & Reformed Church, which is now Immanuel United Church of Christ.
The cemetery was initially laid out in lots on November 5, 1871 with Peter J. Schneider as the first keeper of the cemetery. The first person to be buried in the cemetery was Sophia Julienne Koller on December 26, 1871
In 2006 a decision was made for the future to expand the cemetery. The original plats consists of 1 thru 154. The second addition which is to the west or front part are plots 1 thru 44. New addition which is to the west or front of second addition are single lots graves 1 thru 46. Proposal of second New addition of single lots will be 1 thru 76 south end of cemetery.
On Sunday, April 18, 2007 a rededication service for the cemetery was held followed by a reception in the Fellowship Hall.
For further information on the cemetery please email firstname.lastname@example.org